PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Here are the latest developments from the release of court documents indicating Bill Cosby admitted in 2005 that he obtained quaaludes with the intent of giving them to women with whom he wanted to have sex (all times local):
Philadelphia's Mural Arts Program is considering removing a work featuring entertainer Bill Cosby, the latest fallout from allegations he drugged and sexually assaulted women.
An organization spokeswoman said Wednesday "recent headlines" factored into its decision to move the mural much higher on a list of works up for decommissioning.
The North Philadelphia mural celebrating Father's Day features Cosby in a trademark purple sweater between South African leader Nelson Mandela and Archbishop Desmond Tutu. It went up in 2008 but had already been considered for decommissioning because the wall under a train bridge where it's painted is in bad shape.
The spokeswoman says no one's called to complain.
In newly unsealed documents, Cosby is shown testifying in 2005 that he'd obtained quaaludes with the intent of giving them to women before sex. A judge unsealed excerpts from Cosby's deposition after a request by The Associated Press.
Bill Cosby's first accuser says his full deposition in her sexual assault lawsuit should be released because he broke the confidentiality pledge sealing their court settlement.
The sanctions motion Wednesday comes after a judge unsealed excerpts from Cosby's deposition this week in response to an Associated Press request.
Former Temple University employee Andrea Constand's 2005 lawsuit accuses Cosby of drugging and molesting her at his home.
Her lawyer argues that Cosby's camp has commented over the years and again this week on the case while Constand has been forced to remain silent.
She says Cosby lawyer Patrick O'Connor said this past year: "If he's innocent and the relations were consensual — wow."
O'Connor did not immediately return a message seeking comment.
Whoopi Goldberg has emerged as Bill Cosby's most prominent public defender this week and she has an angry message for her critics: Back off!
Goldberg says Wednesday on ABC's "The View" that she's gotten threats since she expressed support for Cosby on the show the previous day.
Goldberg says she takes rape and sexual assault very seriously but also believes in the principle of innocent until proven guilty.
She says: "He has not been taken to jail or tried on anything." She adds: "So back off me."
When sexual assault allegations against Cosby resurfaced last winter, Goldberg said she would be reserving judgment on him.
Documents unsealed Monday show Cosby admitted in 2005 to obtaining powerful sedatives with the intent of giving them to women he wanted to have sex with.
A supermodel who accused Bill Cosby of drugging her during an audition for his 1980s sitcom says testimony excerpts unsealed this week give accusers a sense of peace and validation.
Beverly Johnson says Wednesday on NBC's "Today" show that she knew that after so many women came forward and told their story that the truth would come to light.
Cosby admitted in 2005 to obtaining quaaludes to give to young women he wanted to have sex with.
The entertainer acknowledged giving the now-banned sedative to people, including a 19-year-old woman before they had sex in Las Vegas in 1976.
Johnson says she managed to get Cosby to back off.
She doesn't feel vindication but is encouraged by accusers speaking out.
Los Angeles police say they are still investigating a model's allegations that Bill Cosby drugged and sexually abused her at the Playboy Mansion in 2008.
Officer Jane Kim said Wednesday that its inquiry into model Chloe Goins' allegations against Cosby is ongoing. No further details were available about the case, which is the only one the department is actively investigating against the 77-year-old comedian.
Police opened their investigation in January after Goins met with detectives at the department's downtown Los Angeles headquarters.
Goins says Cosby drugged and accosted her in a bedroom of the mansion in August 2008. Cosby's attorney, however, released a statement denying his client was in Los Angeles at the time.
An email message to Cosby's attorney wasn't immediately returned Wednesday.