Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
1. PENTAGON'S EMBARRASSMENT OVER ANTHRAX SHIPMENTS GROWS
In its latest accounting, the government says that possibly live anthrax was inadvertently shipped to at least 51 laboratories across the U.S. and in three foreign countries.
2. PROSECUTORS UNSEAL TRANSCRIPT OF CLOSED-DOOR FIFA HEARING
The transcript shows that former FIFA official Chuck Blazer told a judge that he and other executive committee members agreed to take bribes before the hosts were selected for the 1998 and 2010 World Cups.
3. US OFFICIAL: 10,000 ISLAMIC STATE FIGHTERS KILLED IN AIRSTRIKES
The CIA has said the extremist group has up to 31,500 fighters — meaning the purported death toll from the last nine months could represent a loss of a third of its forces.
4. WHICH CITY WANTS TO RAISE MINIMUM WAGE
Los Angeles is poised to become the largest city in the U.S. to approve a minimum wage of $15 an hour.
5. MAJOR BATTLE BETWEEN REBELS, GOVERNMENT ERUPTS IN EASTERN UKRAINE
The fighting is testing the fragile cease-fire — and threatening to tip the country back into full-blown war.
6. WHAT HILLARY CLINTON BELIEVES ELECTION SYSTEM NEEDS
Seeking an expansion of voting rights, she's planning to call for an early voting period of at least 20 days in every state.
7. '19 KIDS AND COUNTING' REALITY TV FAMILY DISCUSSES SEXUAL MISCONDUCT
Josh Duggar's sister says in a TV interview that he victimized her — but she defends him as well.
8. RESEARCHERS OUTLINE EXTENT OF ALCOHOL ABUSE
Problem drinking affects 14 percent of American adults — some 33 million people — and has increased, a survey concludes.
9. WHY WORKING 9-TO-5 IS LOSING POPULARITY
It's becoming easier for workers to go solo, with companies increasingly open to hiring freelancers and independent contractors.
10. GOLDEN STATE, CLEVELAND COLLIDING IN NBA FINALS
Lebron James' playoff experience — he's the first to play in five straight finals since Bill Russell's Celtics of the 1960s — is one advantage for the Cavs.