MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) — Police say the parents of a 3-year-old boy have been charged with endangering his welfare after they overdosed on heroin while giving him a bath in New Hampshire.
Eric Carter and Stephanie McCassin, both of Manchester, were arrested on warrants Thursday, four months after the child's grandmother and primary caretaker reported finding the child in the tub, with the parents passed out. The child was not hurt.
The 21-year-old Carter and the 24-year-old McCassin were taken to a hospital, where they were treated for an apparent heroin overdose.
Both have been released on personal recognizance bail.
McCassin is scheduled to appear in court Tuesday. Carter is scheduled to appear May 22.
A message left at a phone number for McCassin was not immediately returned. No phone listing for Carter could be found.