ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) — After a week of searching, investigators say they still haven't found the body of the sixth person believed to have died in a fire that destroyed a multimillion-dollar mansion near Maryland's capital city.
The Anne Arundel County fire department issued a statement Sunday afternoon that search efforts had concluded for the day without locating the missing person. The 16,000-square-foot mansion, owned by Don and Sandra Pyle and located on the outskirts of Annapolis, caught fire before dawn on Jan. 19.
Relatives have said they believe the Pyles and four of their young grandchildren died in the blaze.
Five bodies were found at the site earlier in the week, and officials said the identities were pending autopsies. Officials say the search is expected to continue for several more days.