MCDONALD, Pa. (AP) — Two men suffered burns to their hands and face in a natural gas explosion and fire at a western Pennsylvania car wash.
Police say the owner of Ducky's Car Wash in McDonald had a stuffed up nose and didn't notice the smell of leaking gas as he lit a boiler around 9:45 a.m. Sunday.
He and a customer washing an SUV in a nearby bay were injured. The customer's wife, sitting in the vehicle, was not hurt.
Firefighters say the car wash mechanical room and two car wash bays were destroyed.
A fire marshal is investigating.
McDonald is about 20 miles southwest of Pittsburgh.