Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
1. GRAND JURY CLEARS COP IN CHOKEHOLD DEATH
Federal authorities say they'll now conduct a civil rights investigation into the death of Eric Garner at the hands of the New York City officer.
2. AIR BAG MAKER BALKS AT COAST-TO-COAST RECALL IN US
At issue are air bags whose inflators can explode with too much force, hurling shrapnel into the passenger compartment.
3. US, IRAN FIND THEMSELVES ALLIED IN IRAQ
The two adversaries are fighting parallel campaigns targeting the Islamic State militants.
4. HOW HOT THIS YEAR HAS BEEN
2014 is currently tied with 2010 for the warmest year on record.
5. UNUSUAL APPEAL FOR SYRIAN REFUGEES
Aiming to raise $64 million, the U.N. food agency is seeking $1 each from 64 million people around the world.
6. WHO'S MORE WILLING TO REPORT SEX ABUSE
About 1 in every 4 victims of abuse in the U.S. military filed a complaint this year. In 2012, only about 1 in 10 came forward.
7. CASE HAS POSSIBLE WIDE RAMIFICATIONS FOR FEMALE WORKERS
The suit before the Supreme Court centers on UPS's refusal to give a pregnant woman temporary light-duty work so she could avoid lifting heavy packages.
8. CROWD FLOCKING TO KENNEDY SPACE CENTER
Some 26,000 guests are expected to jam the Florida facility for the sunrise launch of the Orion spacecraft, which someday may be used to visit Mars.
9. WHAT'S BEAMING BRIGHT IN NYC
The switch is flipped on the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree — adorned with 45,000 energy efficient LED lights.
10. BOARD REJECTS OKLAHOMA FOOTBALL TEAM'S BID FOR A DO-OVER
After losing a state playoff game on a late bad call, the high school squad sought to replay the final minute.