Maine fire captain's home damaged in fire

AP News
|
Posted: Nov 28, 2014 9:42 AM

BATH, Maine (AP) — A Thanksgiving Day blaze at a Maine house hit close to home for firefighters when the house on fire belonged to a local fire captain.

The blaze at Capt. Dave Hudson's house in Bath was reported at about 4 p.m. Thursday.

The Times Record (http://bit.ly/1txN9Ar ) reports that the family, including Hudson, his wife and children, his mother-in-law, and others, heard sounds they thought were fireworks. They opened a door to investigate and discovered a fire in the garage.

Everyone got out, although one person was taken to the hospital as a precaution.

Bath Fire Chief Christopher Cummings says while the garage is a total loss, the rest of the house may be salvageable.

Firefighters from several surrounding communities responded.

Cummings says the department will take care of the Hudson family because "firefighters stick together."

___

Information from: The Times Record, http://www.timesrecord.com