PRINCETON, N.J. (AP) — It was a case of higher learning that triggered a fire alarm and forced the evacuation of 100 students from a Princeton University dormitory.
The alarm went off early Wednesday in a music practice room in the basement of Forbes College.
Princeton spokesman Martin Mbugua tells the Times of Trenton (http://bit.ly/1xr79uD ) university police noticed the smell of marijuana as they approached the unoccupied room. The spokesman says a window was open and remnants of marijuana smoking material were inside a garbage bin.
The students were allowed back in the dorm after 10 minutes.
Forbes houses freshmen and sophomores.
Information from: The (Trenton, N.J.) Times, http://www.nj.com/times