Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. WHY FEDERAL, STATE EBOLA QUARANTINE RULES DIVERGE
Quarantines are determined state by state in the U.S., and federal health officials are only empowered to issue guidelines.
2. US PRESSES ARAB NATIONS TO COUNTER ISLAMIC STATE PROPAGANDA
Retired U.S. Gen. John Allen, in charge of a U.S.-led coalition against the militants, calls on the alliance to "clearly, forcefully and consistently" reject the extremist group's ideology and offer alternatives to it.
3. DEMOCRATS AIM TO SAVE SENATE MAJORITY WITH ATTACK ADS
New Democratic attack ads, aimed at older voters and relating to Social Security and Medicare, will air in battleground states including Kentucky, Iowa and New Hampshire.
4. HOW THE FED IS EXPECTED TO ACT THIS WEEK
The central bank says it intends to keep its benchmark rate at a record low near zero "for a considerable time."
5. WHAT BP OIL SPILL LEFT AT THE BOTTOM OF GULF
New research shows the 2010 disaster produced a "bathtub ring" of about 10 million gallons of oil covering hundreds of square miles on the seafloor off the coast of Louisiana.
6. FORD ERA ENDS AS TORONTO ELECTS NEW MAYOR
John Tory wins 39 percent of the vote, compared to 35 percent for Doug Ford, brother of outgoing, scandal-ridden Mayor Rob Ford.
7. LEGAL CHALLENGES CONFRONT GOV'T SURVEILLANCE
Three appeals courts are hearing lawsuits against the NSA's bulk phone records program, creating the potential for an eventual Supreme Court review.
8. MARINES HAND OVER KEYS TO AFGHAN BASE
The Marines point with pride to their successes in Helmand Province, where Afghan security forces now are in charge, bit some question whether those gains will be sustained after the American withdrawal.
9. FLORIDA DIVERS EXPLORE ANCIENT MEDITERRANEAN SHIPWRECK
Descending to 410 feet, the highly trained technical divers are helping unlock the mysteries of a sunken ship thought to date to 200 B.C.
10. 'WHEN IN DOUBT, SIT IT OUT'
That's the message Major League Baseball is promoting during the World Series to further raise awareness of concussions in professional sports.