NEW ORLEANS (AP) — The FBI says federal prosecutors won't charge a California woman who was removed from a plane in New Orleans after officials say she made a bomb threat during a SkyWest flight.
Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office Col. John Fortunato says the 31-year-old from Anaheim is hospitalized under a protective custody order. Fortunato says she made statements other passengers found threatening.
FBI spokeswoman Mary Beth Romig says federal investigators questioned the woman and decided against filing charges. Romig said earlier that the FBI did not consider the threats credible.
SkyWest spokeswoman Marissa Snow says 70 passengers were on Wednesday's Flight 6388 from Houston to Miami.
It was diverted to the New Orleans airport shortly after 9:15 a.m., leaving New Orleans for Miami about 11:15 a.m.