Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. SECRET SERVICE UNDER FRESH SCRUTINY
The intruder who climbed a fence made it much farther into the White House than the security agency has so far acknowledged, says a leading House member.
2. WHAT NETANYAHU SAYS IS CHIEF CONCERN
Addressing the U.N., the Israeli leader warns that the gravest threat to the world today is the danger of Iran obtaining nuclear weapons.
3. LEGAL FRAMEWORK TO WIND DOWN AFGHAN WAR
A US-Afghan pact would reduce the number of American troops in the country to about 1,000 by the end of 2016.
4. INVESTIGATION SURROUNDING MISSING UVA STUDENT WIDENS
Police say they may be able to link the suspect to the unsolved death of another young woman who vanished from the campus years ago.
5. HOW 'GREAT RECESSION' AFFECTED WOULD-BE MOTHERS
Many women who were in their early 20s during the economic downturn might forgo ever having children, a study says.
6. SEATING JURY TO DETERMINE JODI ARIAS' PUNISHMENT WON'T BE SIMPLE
Dozens of potential jurors are disqualified after telling the judge they know too much about the case to be impartial.
7. WHY SYRIA WANTS US TO EXPAND AIRSTRIKES
Other rebel groups fighting Assad — not just the Islamic State militants — should be targeted because they all share the same extremist ideology, Syria's foreign minister says.
8. SCIENTISTS LINK WILD WEATHER TO GLOBAL WARMING
Record heat in Australia is the most glaring example, the researchers say. Last year was Australia's hottest in more than a century.
9. WAL-MART REPLIES TO TRACY MORGAN'S LAWSUIT
The actor-comedian was at least partly to blame for the injuries he suffered when his limo was struck by a Wal-Mart truck because he wasn't wearing a seatbelt, the company says.
10. WHO'S HOPING FOR A POSTSEASON TURNAROUND
In his three previous trips to the NLCS, all-star Dodgers pitcher Clayton Kershaw is 0-3 with a 7.23 ERA.