Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. BLACK BOX FOUND AT SITE OF AIR ALGERIE CRASH
"There are, alas, no survivors," French President Francois Hollande says. "I share the pain of families living through this terrible ordeal."
2. TUNNELS ARE KEY FACET IN LATEST ISRAEL-HAMAS WAR
Israeli officials say Palestinian militants have dug dozens of underground passages from Gaza, which are meant to facilitate mass attacks on Israelis.
3. UKRAINE REPORTS OVERNIGHT REBEL ATTACKS
The Ukrainian army says that at one border crossing the insurgents were supported by artillery fire from the Russian side.
4. IN 8 DAYS, THREE PLANES DOWN
Aviation suffers one of its worst weeks in memory. Industry analysts and safety experts shake their heads at the seeming randomness of the tragedies, but say they see no common themes, and don't think it means flying is less safe.
5. CENTRAL AMERICAN LEADERS ARE CONVENING AT WHITE HOUSE
Obama is summoning his counterparts from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador to discuss the influx of young immigrants from their countries to the U.S. in a bid to stem the crisis on the border.
6. CAUSE SOUGHT FOR GUNFIGHT BETWEEN PATIENT, DOCTOR
Authorities are attempting to determine why Richard Plotts fatally shot a caseworker at a suburban Philadelphia hospital and whether a psychiatrist who pulled out his own weapon and wounded the attacker had concerns about him.
7. HOW OBAMA LIKES SUPER PACS NOW
For years, the president railed against the unlimited spending flowing into American political campaigns. Now he's embracing some of the same secretive elements of that system, drawing charges of hypocrisy.
8. WHAT BECOMES SYMBOL OF SOUTH KOREA'S CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE
Construction of the world's sixth tallest building near Seoul faces new doubts in a nation questioning its ethos of economic progress over safety after the ferry disaster that killed hundreds of teenagers.
9. "BRAZIL IS AMAZING, AND I WANT TO STAY"
So says one of the thousands of young Argentine men who came for the World Cup and still haven't gone home, much to their host's consternation.
10. WHO DOESN'T LIKE MARIJUANA? HOMEOWNERS' ASSOCIATIONS, THAT'S WHO
Marijuana and hemp join wacky paint colors and unsightly fences as sources of common neighborhood disputes facing HOAs.