Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Monday:
1. FESTIVE BOSTON MARATHON ATMOSPHERE TINGED WITH SADNESS
"It's sadness, but it's also a kind of fortitude," says Scott Johnson, who will run in Monday's race one year after bombings killed three and injured 260 there. "Two people created the violence, but millions counter it with love and support."
2. WHAT MAY HAVE ADDED TO S. KOREA FERRY CONFUSION
Many passengers followed the captain's initial order to stay below deck, where it is feared they remained trapped in the sinking.
3. WHERE SHOOTOUT THREATENS FRAGILE PEACE
In eastern Ukraine, an armed clash that left three people dead apeared to be the first violence since an international deal was reached to ease tensions there.
4. BOXER WHO FOUGHT INJUSTICE DIES AT 76
Rubin "Hurricane" Carter, exonerated of murder charges after 19 years in jail, died in Toronto.
5. WHOSE POLITICAL FUTURE MAY HANG IN THE BALANCE
A grand jury will consider whether Texas Gov. Rick Perry abused his power when he carried out a threat to veto $7.5M in state funding for public corruption prosecutors.
6. ASSAD VISITS RECAPTURED CHRISTIAN VILLAGE
The embattled Syrian president's tour of Maaloula served as a propaganda victory amid the country's civil war.
7. WHY BIOFUELS COULD BE WORSE THAN GAS
Fuels made with leftovers of corn plants release 7 percent more greenhouse gases in the short term than conventional gasoline, according to a U.S.-government-funded study.
8. IN COLO., '4/20' POT HOLIDAY TRIES TO GO MAINSTREAM
What started as a defiant gathering of marijuana activists years ago now has an official city permit, since the state legalized recreational use of the drug.
9. LAND GRABS IMPERIL AFRICA'S ELEPHANTS
Political and military elites are seizing protected areas in one of the continent's last bastions for elephants, a nonprofit group's new report says.
10. LEBRON, WADE DROP 50 ON CHARLOTTE
The Heat rode two big runs to defeat Bobcats 99-88 in Game 1 of their Eastern Conference first-round series.