NEW YORK (AP) — A New York City woman has sued Con Edison over the explosion that leveled two apartment buildings last week.
The New York Post (http://bit.ly/1dk2CgK ) reports that 46-year-old Michelle Nelson of Harlem filed the civil suit Monday, becoming the first to sue over the deadly blast.
Nelson's lawsuit says she sustained "severe and permanent injuries" when the explosion caused her to fall in her apartment more than a block away.
The lawsuit names Con Edison and the owner of 1646 Park Ave., one of the collapsed buildings.
It says they neglected their "duty to keep ... the premises in a safe, proper and secure manner."
Con Ed says it has not seen the lawsuit and could not comment. The owner of 1646 didn't immediately return calls seeking comment.
Information from: New York Post, http://www.nypost.com