Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
1. SATELLITE IMAGES RAISE MORE QUESTIONS IN MALAYSIAN PLANE SEARCH
The pictures could focus the search for the missing Boeing 777 in the sea off southern Vietnam, but a Chinese aviation official says authorities cannot confirm any link.
2. WHAT RESIDENTS SMELLED BEFORE NYC EXPLOSION
A tenant says an "unbearable" odor of gas permeated one of the buildings in East Harlem for weeks before the deadly blast.
3. REPUBLICANS CELEBRATE FLORIDA WIN
The victory by a congressional candidate who pledged to repeal "Obamacare" gives the GOP what it believes will be a potent issue all the way to Nov. 4.
4. WHY OBAMA BELIEVES CRIMEA REFERENDUM MAY NOT HAPPEN
He says last-ditch diplomatic efforts could lead to a "rethinking" of Sunday's Russian-backed vote.
5. FOR POPE, A BANNER FIRST YEAR
Francis has endeared himself to the public by looking out for the poor and shifting the church's focus to mercy rather than moralizing.
6. HONOR STUDENT WHO SUED PARENTS MOVES BACK INTO THEIR HOME
Rachel Canning's suit seeking child support and tuition has been settled "amicably," and the New Jersey family is now asking for privacy.
7. JUDGE CLEARS INDIAN DIPLOMAT
The court's ruling says the envoy — whose arrest and strip-search caused an international flap — had diplomatic immunity when she was indicted in New York City.
8. HOW 'VERONICA MARS' BECAME A MOVIE
The canceled TV show gets new life on the big screen — thanks to 91,585 Kickstarter backers and their $5.7 million.
9. RENEGADE 'JEOPARDY' CHAMP DETHRONED AFTER 12-DAY REIGN
Arthur Chu caused an uproar among "Jeopardy" fans for his aggressive style of play — hopscotching around the board rather than following the usual practice of polishing off each category's questions in turn.
10. WHO'S MAKING A SPLASH DURING NFL FREE AGENCY
In just two days, the Denver Broncos have signed pass rusher DeMarcus Ware, cornerback Aqib Talib and safety T.J. Ward.