Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. DEEP FREEZE TARGETS EAST, SOUTH
The highs might reach just the single digits in Georgia and Alabama, while the Midwest continues to shiver in the record-setting chill.
2. WHAT'S AHEAD AT THE FED FOR YELLEN
Many economists think the new chair's big challenge will be deciding how to ease off some steps that Bernanke took to cure the Great Recession.
3. RAPES BECOMING A BIGGER POLITICAL ISSUE IN INDIA
With general elections approaching, a 16-year-old's death is triggering protests and finger-pointing along with demands to make women's safety a priority.
4. UNEMPLOYMENT BILL TOPS CONGRESS' LIST
Democratic supporters of the three-month extension say they are close to the 60 votes needed to advance the White House-backed bill.
5. PIONEERING MOVIE PRODUCER RUN RUN SHAW DIES AT 107
His Hong Kong studio popularized the kung fu genre, churned out nearly 1,000 movies and launched lots of careers — but he let Bruce Lee get away.
6. WHO'S TRYING TO GET HIS PENSION BACK
Jerry Sandusky is expected to participate by video in a hearing seeking to get back the benefit revoked after his child molestation conviction.
7. INTEL SAYS ITS PROCESSORS ARE NOW 'CONFLICT-FREE'
The company has been working to make sure it's not using minerals from mines held by armed groups in Congo.
8. CLOSING ARGUMENTS IN HOMELESS MAN'S DEATH
Trial is nearing its end in the case of a California man who died after a confrontation with police captured in surveillance video.
9. A NEW PERFORMER FOR 'SNL'
Sasheer Zamata will join "Saturday Night Live" when new episodes start this month, only the fifth black woman on the cast since 1975.
10. WINSTON SAVES BEST FOR BIGGEST
The Heisman winning Florida State quarterback struggled for much of the BCS championship — then put together the drive of his life in a 34-31 win over Auburn.