NEW YORK (AP) — A New York judge has refused to order the release of photographs and video of a Saudi citizen detained at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, in the investigation of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
Authorities have said Mohammed al-Qahtani (kah-TAH'-nee) narrowly missed being the 20th hijacker when he was denied entry into the U.S. at an Orlando, Fla., airport. Charges against him were dropped.
The Center for Constitutional Rights sued the government last year in Manhattan. The organization said the release of videotapes and photographs of his interrogation were in the public interest.
Federal Judge Naomi Reice (rees) Buchwald said Friday that the images were properly classified by the government.