SOUTH NYACK, N.Y. (AP) — A worker has been charged in connection with a blast that injured seven people at a suburban New York college last month.
Douglas Walker of South Nyack was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor reckless endangerment and assault.
Police won't say what Walker's involvement was in the Nyack College blast, citing an ongoing investigation. The charges were first reported Wednesday in the Journal-News.
Mike Donohue, a spokesman for Orange & Rockland Utilities, says his company found that a pipe leading to a gymnasium appeared to have been damaged by some kind of heavy mechanical equipment.
Walker was released without bail, and Newbury says he didn't have an attorney. There is no telephone listing for him at the address provided by police.
A college attorney is out of the country and not available for comment.