1. WHAT'S BOOSTING CONFIDENCE IN THE U.S. ECONOMY
Surging home values, a brighter job market and record-setting stock prices have propelled consumer confidence to its highest level since early 2008.
2. MAIN THREAT TO SYRIA'S REBELS NOW COMES FROM WITHOUT
The opposition says thousands of Hezbollah fighters have joined the civil war on the regime's side.
3. TRAIN DERAILS, SETTING OFF THUNDEROUS BLAST
An accident involving a CSX cargo train rattles homes in a Baltimore suburb and sends up a plume of smoke visible for miles.
4. A GLIMPSE INTO AL-QAIDA'S INNER WORKINGS
A scathing letter found by the AP in Timbukto reveals how the terror group tried to motivate one of its most difficult operatives.
5. FEDS SHUT ONLINE BANK THAT ALLEGEDLY SERVED THE UNDERWORLD
Prosecutors say they believe it's the biggest money-laundering case the U.S. has ever seen.
6. WHY IRS CLOUD MIGHT HAVE A SILVER LINING
The current uproar could provide a boost to lawmakers who want to simplify the nation's tax laws.
7. HIGH MARKS FOR CRUISE SHIP CREW
Passengers say the crew's calm, orderly response made for smooth sailing even after a fire erupted aboard a Royal Caribbean vessel.
8. FOR OBAMA, A MINI-VACATION
A tour of the resurgent Jersey Shore gives the president a chance to shift attention from the controversies roiling Washington.
9. WHO OPRAH BELIEVES HAS TAKEN HER THRONE
The former talk-show sovereign declares Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan, co-hosts of "Live with Kelly and Michael," the reigning king and queen of daytime TV.
10. A SOCCER 'FRIENDLY' THAT EVERYONE HOPES IS JUST THAT
England and Ireland will play each other Wednesday for the first time since hooligans rioted and the teams' match had to be abandoned 18 years ago.