Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories that will be talked about Thursday:
1. WHAT PALESTIANIANS ARE POISED TO GAIN FROM THE UN
Thursday's vote on recognizing a Palestinian state could give them leverage in future border talks with Israel.
2. RUSH TOWARD 'FISCAL CLIFF' SLOWS A SMIDGE
The White House and a key Democrat hint at concessions on taxes and cuts, while more Republicans seem ready to give ground.
3. WHO ARE WAKING UP TO FIND THEY ARE MILLIONAIRES
Powerball officials say winning tickets were sold in Missouri and Arizona to split the $579.9 million jackpot.
4. GOP LAWMAKERS STILL NOT BUYING WHAT SUSAN RICE IS SELLING
As she trods an uphill path in pursuit of secretary of state's job, Obama, at least, remains solidly in support.
5. IN EGYPT, FEARS OF A 'SECOND REVOLUTION'
President Morsi faces an unprecedented strike by the courts and massive opposition protests after his decrees placing him above oversight of any kind.
6. OBAMA TO ROMNEY: LET'S DO LUNCH
The political rivals will break bread Thursday at the White House. It'll be their first meeting since the election.
7. TRIAL FOCUSES ON 'DEATH FLIGHTS' DURING ARGENTINA DICTATORSHIP
Pilots are accused of flying missions during which political prisoners, drugged to sleep, were thrown alive into the sea.
8. WHY GOTHAM'S GLOWING A BIT BRIGHTER
Some 30,000 bulbs festooning the 80-foot Christmas tree in NYC's Rockefeller Center are now beaming forth.
9. IMAGINE! YOKO ONO'S FASHIONS INSPIRED BY JOHN LENNON'S 'HOT BOD'
Her new menswear collection includes pants with large handprints on the crotch, tank tops with nipple cutouts and a flashing LED bra.
10. DOPING ALLEGATIONS CAST SHADOW OVER HALL OF FAME BALLOT
Recent history suggests that the odds are against Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens and Sammy Sosa making it to Cooperstown.