Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories that will be talked about on Thursday:
1. ROMNEY ERASES OBAMA'S ADVANTAGE AMONG WOMEN
An AP-GfK poll finds that the GOP candidate pulled even with the president among women voters, after lagging by 16 points a month ago. And the president, in turn, has largely eliminated Romney's edge among men.
2. HOW THE DEBATES IGNORED SOME HIGH-PROFILE ISSUES
Activists on both sides are upset that Obama and Romney didn't discuss key topics such as foreclosures, gay marriage and climate change.
3. RAPE REMARKS THROW CONTENTIOUS ISSUE BACK IN CAMPAIGN
Romney backs Indiana Senate hopeful Mourdock as Obama campaign plans to continue criticizing rape pregnancies statement.
4. THIS TIME, IT'S PERSONAL
CEO Steve Ballmer can't afford a flop when Microsoft unveils Windows 8, a pivotal overhaul of its operating system.
5. SUPER STORM THREATENS EAST COAST
A hybrid of Hurricane Sandy and a winter storm could sweep across the East Coast with gale-force winds, heavy rain and possibly snow next week.
6. WHAT SHIITE IRAQIS FEAR
Concerns rise over the Muslim sect's followers and its holy sites in Syria as ultraconservative Sunnis' influence increases.
7. TERMINALLY ILL WWII VETERAN DIES AFTER CASTING LAST BALLOT
The 93-year-old's determination to vote inspired thousands as a photo of him filling his ballot went viral.
8. SIOUX FALLS BRACES FOR MCGOVERN SERVICES
Vice President Biden will be among hundreds honoring the former presidential candidate in his home city.
9. WHY THAIS ARE FLOCKING TO ILLEGAL COSMETIC SURGERY CLINICS
Cheap injections carry the promise of a new face and a better life. They also sometimes come at a hefty health cost.
10. BASEBALL HAS NEW MR. OCTOBER
Pablo Sandoval hits three home runs and joins Jackson, Ruth and Pujols as the only players to do it in the World Series in the Giants' 8-3 win over Tigers.