Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today (times in EDT):
1. FIRST TO BE DEBATED: WEDDING GUEST LIST
Before the vice presidential candidates face off at 9 p.m., moderator Martha Raddatz of ABC News is scrutinized for inviting Obama to her 1991 wedding.
2. WHERE MEXICAN METH IS MAKING INROADS
The drug made in factory-like "super labs" now accounts for as much as 80 percent of the U.S. market.
3. WHO CLAIMS TO HAVE THE DOPE ON LANCE ARMSTRONG
A report shows that 11 former teammates helped build the case against the dethroned Tour de France king.
4. PANDA CUB'S POST-MORTEM
Washington's National Zoo plans to reveal at 10 a.m. the cause of the 6-day-old bear's surprise death.
5. WHY MORE ANTARCTIC ICE MAY BE SIGN OF GLOBAL WARMING
Experts say shifts in wind patterns and a giant ozone hole — both related to human activity — are probably the cause.
6. 'CAMEL BATTLE' ORGANIZERS ACQUITTED
The 24 were accused in one of the most dramatic attacks on protesters in last year's Egyptian uprising, in which assailants on horses and dromedaries charged into crowds in Tahrir Square, killing nearly a dozen people.
7. WHAT IRAN'S SPY AGENCY SAYS ABOUT THE U.S.
The Intelligence Ministry's website appeals for tips and mocks America's rising obesity rate, large prison population and school shootings.
8. EAT CHOCOLATE, WIN A NOBEL
A comparison of per-capita chocolate consumption found "a surprisingly powerful correlation" with the number of prizes a country had won.
9. JUSTIN BIEBER'S STAR-STUDDED FAMILY TREE
The teen idol's distant relatives include Ryan Gosling, Avril Lavigne and Celine Dion, according to genealogists at Ancestry.com.
10. MAYBE GET MARRIED, MAYBE BUY A LOTTERY TICKET
Or maybe just set your alarm clock for 07:08:09 on 10-11-12. "But there is no cosmic significance," one expert says of Thursday's date.