Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
1. MORSI URGES U.N. TO END 'CATASTROPHE IN SYRIA'
The Egyptian president also demands that the body grant membership to the Palestinians.
2. ROMNEY, OBAMA DUEL IN BATTLEGROUND OHIO
After wooing college students and working-class voters, both candidates move on to Virginia.
3. WHY ONE MAN'S MEDICAL NIGHTMARE MAY HELP MILLIONS
Researchers think a new discovery in his treatment could offer a cheap, simple way to personalize cancer treatment.
4. DOCTORS MAY BE KEY TO CURBING AGING DRIVERS
A new study shows that serious crash injuries drop after physicians warn seniors not to drive.
5. WHERE THE SEARCH FOR JIMMY HOFFA TURNS THIS TIME
Police are testing soil under a Detroit-area driveway after a man says the vanished Teamsters leader may have been buried there 35 years ago.
6. JUDGE UPHOLDS PERJURY CHARGES AGAINST PSU OFFICIALS
He hasn't yet ruled on whether the two failed to properly report suspected child abuse in the Sandusky case.
7. HOW NFL REFEREE FLAP SPOTLIGHTS THE VALUE OF EXPERTISE
It's a point that's often argued behind the scenes in labor disputes, but this time was out in the open for millions of TV watchers to witness.
8. U.S. EASES MYANMAR IMPORT BAN
Secretary of State Clinton also is offering U.S. help in the country's efforts for peace with its different ethnic minorities.
9. GIRL WHO CALLED HERSELF 'MRS. BIEBER' DIES
"one of the greatest spirits i have ever known is gone," the singer tweeted about the 6-year-old's death from a rare brain cancer.
10. POLICE DEPARTMENT GOES TO THE DOG
After the chief resigned, the only certified member of the Vaughn, N.M., force is Nikka, a drug-sniffing canine.