Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Friday:
1. THE LAST 33,000 U.S. SURGE TROOPS LEAVE AFGHANISTAN
The withdrawal leaves 68,000 American forces in the warzone.
2. OBAMA SAYS ANTI-ISLAM VIDEO USED AS AN 'EXCUSE'
The president says extremists used the film to harm U.S. interests, including the attack on U.S. Consulate in Libya.
3. WHY A GYNECOLOGISTS GROUP SAYS FORGET THE PILL
They recommend IUDs or hormonal implants as the best birth control methods for teen girls.
4. NYC STRAPHANGERS WILL SEE ANTI-JIHAD ADS SOON
A conservative blogger wins a court order allowing her message equating some Muslim radicals with savages.
5. TIME TO GET IN LINE FOR IPHONE 5
The long-awaited smart phone goes on sale, customers in Australia will be first to get their hands on one.
6. AMISH LEADER, OTHERS CONVICTED IN FORCED SHEARINGS
Ohio sect leader found to have orchestrated cutting of men's beards and women's hair.
7. OKLAHOMA MEGACHURCH RATTLED BY UNREPORTED RAPE
Police say a 13-year-old girl is among at least three victims of sex crimes by two former employees.
8. SYRIAN REBELS UNITE IN ALEPPO
The biggest insurgent groups combine, hoping to tip the balance against the regime in its largest city.
9. PROTESTS PLANNED FOR AHMADINEJAD'S TRIP TO NYC
Iranian president's annual UN visit is already triggering opposition from many groups.
10. HOW THE TABBY GOT ITS DESIGN
Scientists identify the gene that sets the cat's common coat pattern — stripes or blotches.