Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Friday:
1. FED BOND ANNOUNCEMENT SENDS STOCKS ROCKETING
But economists caution the moves may have little effect; more action could be on the horizon.
2. UPHEAVAL OVER ANTI-MUSLIM FILM CONTINUES
After the surprise attack in Libya, the U.S. is on guard for trouble Friday — often a day of protest in the Middle East.
3. WHEN WE REMEMBER THE FORGOTTEN WAR
Afghanistan's conflict is reality when the dead come home: "This community here was in so much shock," one mother says. "They're, like, this could've been my son or my daughter."
4. GUATEMALA VOLCANO ERUPTS IN RIVERS OF LAVA
More than 33,000 people were asked to evacuate and ash fell as far as 50 miles away.
5. WHERE TO GO WHEN YOU NEED A FIX IN NYC
A new ban on big sugary drinks doesn't apply to convenience stores, so 7-Eleven can keep pouring those Big Gulps.
6. CALHOUN ELEVATED UCONN HOOPS FROM ITS REGIONAL ROOTS
"I think it's really, to me, the greatest building job that anybody's ever done," Syracuse's Jim Boeheim says of the retiring coach.
7. WHY MUHAMMAD ALI IS HONORED IN PHILADELPHIA
The boxing great was awarded the Liberty Medal, recognizing his fights for humanitarian causes, civil rights and religious freedom.
8. END OF TAX-FREE AMAZON SHOPPING FOR SOME
Californians are stocking up before the online retailer starts charging sales tax there.
9. WHICH HIP-HOP STARS ARE RAISING MONEY FOR OBAMA
Beyonce and Jay-Z are hosting a fundraiser at Jay-Z's club in New York, with tickets going for $40,000.
10. HOW FIDO MEASURES UP
Zeus the Great Dane gets the title of the world's tallest dog: 3-foot-8 from foot to shoulder.