Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
1. CLINTON CHAMPIONS OBAMA IN CONVENTION SPOTLIGHT
Ex-president: "I want to nominate a man who is cool on the outside but who burns for America on the inside."
2. WHAT'S BACK IN THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY PLATFORM
God and Jerusalem are reinstated, after Obama intervenes to order the changes.
3. JUDGE OKs 'SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS' IN ARIZONA
That follows a similar U.S. Supreme Court ruling on the immigration law, and it's expected to go into effect soon.
4. WHY BOTH CANDIDATES ARE RIGHT ON JOBS DATA
AP's Christopher S. Rugaber notes that nearly every gauge of the job market plays into a glass-half-full, glass-half-empty debate.
5. POLITICS AND TRUTH: UNEASY PARTNERS
AP's David Crary finds that third-party ads and messages targeted to interest groups make for more distortion.
6. HOW TO STAY SAFE FROM BUBONIC PLAGUE
After a case in Colorado, experts advise: Avoid rodents; limit brush, rock and wood piles and rodent breeding areas.
7. WHO PAID RESPECTS TO CHRIS LIGHTY
Among those at the hip-hop mogul's funeral were LL Cool J, Sean "Diddy" Combs, Missy Elliott, Q-Tip and 50 Cent.
8. NFL PLEDGES $30M FOR MEDICAL RESEARCH
The grant comes on the same day a study indicates ex-NFL players are unusually prone to dying from degenerative brain disease.
9. GLENN BECK'S ATTACK AGAINST AMERICAN AIRLINES
The talk show host says a flight attendant treated him rudely; the airline says it's investigating.
10. WHERE TO LIVE IF YOU LIKE CELEBRATIONS
Argentina just declared Sept. 24 a national holiday — its 19th of the year. This one honors the Battle of Tucuman.