Late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories of interest:
1. ROMNEY MAKES HIS CASE
In a rousing convention finale, the GOP nominee proclaims America needs "jobs, lots of jobs" — and promises to create 12 million of them.
2. WHERE ISAAC'S GOING: HARD TO PREDICT
The storm's meandering path dumped lots of rain on places that hadn't expected much. Next up: Arkansas and Missouri.
3. PENTAGON CONSIDERING ACTION AGAINST SEAL
Officials say the author of a book describing the bin Laden raid violated agreements not to divulge military secrets.
4. NO CHARGES IN CIA INTERROGATIONS OF TERROR SUSPECTS
At issue was the treatment of 101 detainees after the Sept. 11 attacks.
5. COLO. SHOOTING SUSPECT TRIED TO CALL DOCTOR
Defense says 9 minutes before the theater attack, Holmes dialed an after-hours number hoping to reach psychiatrist.
6. MISSING SEX ASSAULT DEFENDANT SENTENCED TO 99 YEARS
Texas jury convicts him after deliberating 20 minutes, a day after he disappeared.
7. HOW TO SUCCEED IN COLLEGE: SLEEP MORE
A campus-wide 'flash nap' is one way schools are spreading the word that rested students are better students.
8. HIP-HOP MOGUL CHRIS LIGHTY DIES IN APPARENT SUICIDE
He'd managed Sean "Diddy" Combs, 50 Cent and Mariah Carey but had financial and personal troubles.
9. WHAT SCHOOL SHOOTING VICTIM'S DAD WANTS
He asks parents to watch social media for warning signs, and teens to speak up if they're concerned about a classmate.
10. HARVARD PROBING POSSIBLE EXAM CHEATING
The allegations concern a take-home final exam, and now the university is considering an honor code.