The co-owner of a Nashville restaurant has been found dead inside the restaurant's walk-in cooler and police say they believe he may have accidentally locked himself inside.
The Tennessean reports ( http://tnne.ws/M1mWKb) that 47-year-old Jay Luther was found dead inside the cooler at Germantown Cafe East when an employee arrived for work Monday morning.
Police said there was a power outage Friday night, and the restaurant put dry ice inside the cooler to preserve the food. When the power was restored Sunday, police said, Luther apparently went inside to check on the food and somehow became trapped.
Authorities said a button that normally opens the cooler from the inside wasn't working. Police said they believe Luther may have died from the carbon dioxide fumes created by the dry ice.
Information from: The Tennessean, http://www.tennessean.com