Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today (times EDT):
1. Support for the war in Afghanistan reaches new low
New AP-GfK poll finds only 27 percent of Americans back the effort, and about half of those who oppose the war say the continued presence of U.S. troops in Afghanistan is doing more harm than good.
2. Security at U.S. airports remains unchanged despite latest underwear bomb plot
Status quo reflects both the U.S. confidence in its security systems and recognition that the government can't realistically expect travelers to endure much more.
3. Six-term Indiana Sen. Richard Lugar routed by tea-party backed Republican foe
The race in a conservative state illustrates the electorate's animosity toward many incumbents and anyone with deep ties to Washington.
4. North Carolina voters approve amendment that slams door shut on gay marriage
More than 60 percent of voters approve the measure defining marriage solely as a union between a man and a woman.
5. Milwaukee mayor wins primary to challenge Gov. Scott Walker in Wisconsin recall
Democrat Tom Barrett has just four weeks to make his pitch that the Republican governor should be booted from office.
6. Jailbird gets 40 percent of the vote in West Virginia's Democratic presidential primary
The surprising showing by Texas prison inmate Keith Judd reflects just how unpopular Obama is in the state.
7. Testimony in Edwards corruption trial to focus again on the candidate's wife
At 9 a.m., a former campaign spokeswoman for John Edwards is set to testify about a 2007 argument in which Elizabeth Edwards confronted donors about support for her husband's pregnant mistress.
8. Closing arguments in Jennifer Hudson family murder trial
The noon summations come a day after William Balfour's attorneys put on just a 30-minute defense in the killings of the Oscar winner's mother, brother and nephew.
9. Andy Warhol portrait of Elvis could fetch up to $50 million
Sotheby's auction begins at 7 p.m. for "Double Elvis," a silver silkscreen painting that depicts the king of rock `n' roll as a cowboy shooting from the hip.
10. Texas Rangers' slugger Josh Hamilton hits four home runs in a game
He becomes only the 16th player in major league history to accomplish the feat.