Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today (times EDT):
1. George Zimmerman released from Florida jail
In an unusually low-key turn to a high-profile case, the defendant in the murder of Trayvon Martin is freed around midnight on $150,000 bail and without incident.
2. Autocrats cracking down on Arab Spring protesters may face sanctions
At 9:45 a.m., Obama will announce a plan to penalize foreign entities that help authoritative regimes use technology to crackdown on dissidents, according to a report.
3. Financial reports on Social Security and Medicare due
An aging population and an economy that has been slow to rebound are straining long-term finances. Report to be released at 1:45 p.m.
4. Murder trial of Jennifer Hudson's family opens
Prosecutors contend a jealous rage pushed William Balfour to kill the "Dreamgirls" star's mother, brother and 7-year-old nephew in 2008. Trial begins at 11:30 a.m.
5. World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates opens
At 2 p.m., Mikhail Gorbachev, the Dalai Lama and Jimmy Carter are just a few of the Nobel Peace Prize winners expected in Chicago for the first-of-its kind summit in North America.
6. John Edwards trial opens in North Carolina
Prosecutors and defense lawyers are poised to begin making their case to jurors on whether the former presidential candidate violated campaign finance laws.
7. EU suspends Myanmar sanctions after reforms
The move comes following a wave of widely praised political reforms in the country, but will retain an embargo on arms sales.
8. Malaysia's "Little Monsters" first to see new Gaga tour
Lady Gaga launches her hotly anticipated "Born This Way Ball" world tour Friday on what is expected to be an elaborate castle-like stage.
9. Welcome to Hangover Heaven
Jason Burke, a board-certified anesthesiologist, is rolling out a bus aimed at reviving Las Vegas Strip revelers by offering intravenous fluid treatment designed to cure hangovers.
10. Presidents' Trophy jinx
The Vancouver Canucks became the third NHL team in four seasons to be the top team in the regular season yet lose in the first round of the playoffs.