Late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories of interest (times EDT):
1. US, NATO ready plan to hand off frontline combat
Top military and diplomatic officials from the U.S. and NATO allies are meeting this week to finalize the combat handover program.
2. Gulf promises of Syria aid still unmet
Saudi Arabia and other wealthy Arab Gulf states have yet to start distributing money from a multimillion-dollar fund designed to prop up Syria's rebels.
3. Abducted newborn found safe after mom shot to death in Texas
The 3-day-old boy was found about six hours after his mother was shot and killed following a verbal altercation in a parking lot.
4. Bin Laden family deportation hits snag
A lawyer for Osama bin Laden's three widows and their nine children says the family is expected to be deported from Pakistan to Saudi Arabia.
5. Arizona voters pick Republican candidate for Giffords' seat
Jesse Kelly will face former Giffords aide Ron Barber in a special election to replace the wounded ex-congresswoman.
6. Georgia handcuff case renews school policing debate
The case is among thousands across the country fueling a long-simmering debate over when educators should bring in the police to deal with disruptive students.
7. New shrimp-like species found in New Mexico cave
Blind, about a half-inch long and almost translucent, the amphipod was found in a subterranean pool inside a cave no more than 80 feet from the surface.
8. Hotels, recreation centers try to slow pool access regulations
Owners and managers of swimming pools at hotels, city recreation centers and public parks are scrambling to comply with new federal requirements that all public pools be accessible to disabled swimmers.
9. Ill. Mega Millions winner to claim jackpot share
Lottery officials say the final winner of the record $656 million Mega Million jackpot will be revealed at an 11 a.m. news conference.
10. Jamie Moyer becomes oldest pitcher to win game in majors
The crafty pitcher gave up just six hits and two runs _ both unearned _ to help lead the Rockies to a 5-3 win over the Padres.