A husband and wife who suffered head injuries while being beaten by a naked, 300-pound bodybuilder were released from a hospital on Tuesday, authorities said.
Meanwhile, suspect Ruben Arzu remained in custody at the hospital after it took four officers, two stun gun blasts and four sets of handcuffs to restrain the 5-foot-10-inch man during a Saturday night rampage on a suburban block in Colton.
Arzu, 22, is awaiting booking on suspicion of attempted homicide and aggravated mayhem, Colton police Officer Todd Smith said. His condition was not immediately available.
"The couple showed up at home from a party and he's there in their front yard, naked," said Smith, adding that the victims did not know Arzu.
Police said Arzu attacked the husband and caused major head trauma after the 36-year-old man confronted him.
The 34-year-old woman ran inside the house and called 911. When she came back out to check on her husband, Arzu picked her up and threw her around, causing facial injuries and multiple cuts to her head, Smith said.
Before officers arrived, a neighbor came out of her house to try and help the woman but ran back inside when Arzu turned to confront her, Smith said.
The names of the two victims were not released.
KABC and The Sun of San Bernardino cited authorities while reporting Arzu had been taking steroids and was under the influence of other drugs. Smith could not confirm those reports.
Colton is about 60 miles east of downtown Los Angeles.