Authorities say a 13-year-old central Ohio boy who told a 911 dispatcher he fatally shot his mother's boyfriend is expected to change his not guilty plea in juvenile court.
The Delaware County prosecutor's office says the boy will be in court Wednesday. Defense attorney Michael Cox said Tuesday the boy likely would change his plea. He declined to discuss any possible plea deal.
Authorities say the boy killed 38-year-old Jeffrey Reece in April. He had previously entered the juvenile equivalent of a not guilty plea to a delinquency count of murder.
If convicted, he could remain in juvenile detention until age 21.
The child's mother told a dispatcher the boy shot Reece after the man threatened them with a gun.