A high school freshman in Alabama was taken to a hospital after being bitten by a snake during an outdoor physical education class.
Authorities say the student was bitten on the back of his leg Tuesday afternoon at Huffman High School in Birmingham.
WBRC-TV reports (http://bit.ly/rWT2yS) that the snake is not believed to be poisonous. The student was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
Michaelle Chapman of Birmingham City Schools said outdoor P.E. activities were canceled for the remainder of the day.
Officials searched the field, which is near a creek, but did not find a snake.
Information from: WBRC-TV, http://www.myfoxal.com/