Ala. student bitten by snake during P.E. class

AP News
|
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 8:12 AM
Ala. student bitten by snake during P.E. class

A high school freshman in Alabama was taken to a hospital after being bitten by a snake during an outdoor physical education class.

Authorities say the student was bitten on the back of his leg Tuesday afternoon at Huffman High School in Birmingham.

WBRC-TV reports (http://bit.ly/rWT2yS) that the snake is not believed to be poisonous. The student was taken to the hospital as a precaution.

Michaelle Chapman of Birmingham City Schools said outdoor P.E. activities were canceled for the remainder of the day.

Officials searched the field, which is near a creek, but did not find a snake.

___

Information from: WBRC-TV, http://www.myfoxal.com/