Dozens hospitalized for carbon monoxide in DC

AP News
|
Posted: Sep 27, 2011 5:47 PM
Dozens hospitalized for carbon monoxide in DC

Fire officials say about three dozen people from a District of Columbia addiction rehabilitation clinic have been hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning, three in serious condition.

Spokesman Pete Piringer says firefighters went to the Second Genesis house in northwest Washington about 3:15 p.m. Tuesday.

Fire officials say a possible leak in a basement water heater is being investigated.

Second Genesis house is a nonprofit organization that helps people with drug and alcohol addiction.