The former home of founding father Alexander Hamilton has reopened to the public after a four-year rehabilitation that saw the two-century-old house moved from a busy New York City street to a Harlem park.
The Hamilton Grange National Memorial was rededicated Saturday in St. Nicholas Park.
After fighting in the American Revolution and helping to create the federal government, Hamilton built the house in 1802 on what was then a country estate. He lived there for two years before being killed in a duel with Aaron Burr.
The development of Manhattan's street grid forced the relocation of the home to a spot on Convent Avenue in 1889.
The National Parks Service began moving the house to its current location in 2008 to give it a more historically appropriate setting.