By Judy Wiley
DALLAS (Reuters) - A 19-year-old man died after attending a sold-out rave party at Dallas' Fair Park, and another concert-goer was in critical condition on Sunday, Dallas officials said.
Some 25 to 30 other people were treated for heat, drug and alcohol-related problems during the Electric Daisy Carnival, said Dallas Fire and Rescue spokesman Jason Evans.
The death is the second connected with an Electric Daisy Carnival in less than a year. Last summer, a 15-year-old girl who attended the festival in Los Angeles died from an overdose of the drug known as Ecstasy.
In Dallas, Andrew Graf of Argyle, Texas died at 10:51 p.m. on Saturday at Baylor University Medical Center, the Dallas Medical Examiner's office said.
The cause of death was not immediately released, and toxicology reports were pending.
The name of the victim in critical condition at Methodist Medical Center in Dallas was not immediately available.
A rave typically features music, colorful light shows and dancing, and the Electric Daisy Carnival is a Los Angeles-based traveling show that uses musical acts and art installations "to create a feast for the senses," according to its website.
Pasquale Rotella, the chief executive of Insomniac Events, which promotes the festival, expressed condolences in a statement, saying: "To go from a moment of happiness and enjoyment, to the loss of life, is very heartbreaking."
(Editing by Karen Brooks and Ellen Wulfhorst)