A San Francisco jury has awarded $3.25 million to a woman who says she suffered severe injuries at a Nevada casino after drinking a cleaning solution someone put in a bottled water container.
Attorney Christopher Dolan represents 71-year-old Julia Ellis of Mill Valley, Calif., and says Monday's jury award is for his client's medical bills and pain and suffering.
Dolan says Ellis was injured on Dec. 2, 2007, after drinking from a Harrah's-branded bottle of water a bartender gave her at Harveys Lake Tahoe casino.
According to Dolan, an employee had filled the bottle with a highly toxic cleaning solution and Ellis suffered chemical burns to her esophagus and stomach.
A request for comment from Caesars Entertainment, which controls Harveys, was not immediately returned.