A Connecticut pet food company is recalling some boxes of its pig ears chews because of a possible salmonella risk.
Vernon-based Bravo! said Friday the voluntary recall involves 50-count bulk oven-roasted Pig Ears that were shipped to distributors and retailers on the East and West coasts between Jan. 1 and Feb. 28. The company said the Washington State Department of Agriculture discovered the bacteria during routine sampling.
Bravo! says pets with salmonella infections may have symptoms ranging from decreased appetite and energy to bloody diarrhea, fever and vomiting. Humans could get the infections from handling contaminated pet products.
The company says people are urged to return the affected products for a refund. More details are available on its website, http://www.bravorawdiet.com, or at its toll-free number, 1-866-922-9222.