Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Monday:
1. TRUMP SAYS U.S. READY TO ACT ALONE ON NORTH KOREA
The president says that the United States is prepared to go solo if China does not take a tougher stand against Pyongyang's nuclear program.
2. U.N. AMBASSADOR: NO COMPLAINTS FROM TRUMP IN DEALINGS WITH RUSSIA
Nikki Haley contends there is no contradiction between her tough stance and the president's repeated public statements seeking to minimize the Kremlin's role in America's presidential election.
3. DESPERATION IN COLOMBIA AMID SEARCH FOR FLOOD SURVIVORS
People in a small city in the south searched for loved ones after heavy rains sent floodwaters, mud and debris surging through homes, killing more than 200.
4. WHEN SUPREME COURT NOMINATIONS BECAME POLITICALLY CONTENTIOUS
Only about 222 years ago — when the Senate voted down George Washington's choice for chief justice.
5. HOW THE DAKOTA ACCESS FIGHT PROVIDES BLUEPRINT FOR PIPELINE PROTESTS
Organizers say their demonstrations helped raise awareness nationwide about their broader push for cleaner energy and greater respect for the rights of indigenous people.
6. STUDY FINDS 'SCI-FI' CANCER THERAPY FIGHTS BRAIN TUMORS
A cap-like device that makes electric fields to fight cancer improved survival for the first time in more than a decade for people with deadly brain tumors.
7. EGYPT LEADER TO TEST 'CHEMISTRY' WITH TRUMP
Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi's meeting with the U.S. president would be a significant step in the international rehabilitation of the general-turned-politician.
8. STORM KILLS 2 IN LOUISIANA; STATE PUT ON 'HIGH ALERT'
Strong winds flipped a mobile home off its foundation, killing a mother and her 3-year-old daughter.
9. WHICH AWARD SHOW COULD UNITE POLITICAL PARTIES
Academy of Country Music Awards host Luke Bryan says tonight's show will unite Democrats and Republicans.
10. TINY SCHOOL WITH THE FUNNY NAME PLAYS UNC FOR THE TITLE
Gonzaga, a Jesuit school with 7,800 students based in Spokane, Washington, is going up against North Carolina, a behemoth from Tobacco Road in the NCAA final.