Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. SOUTH KOREAN LAWMAKERS IMPEACH PRESIDENT
The stunning and swift fall for Park Geun-hye, the country's first female leader, follows protests over a corrosive corruption scandal that drew millions into the streets in united fury.
2. WHY BUSINESS COMMUNITY IS PRESSURING TRUMP
Some employers want him to abandon campaign-trail pledges of mass deportation and other hard-line immigration policies because such moves could hurt the economy.
3. JOHN GLENN REMEMBERED AS ALL-AMERICAN HERO
First American to orbit the Earth. War hero fighter pilot. Record-setting test pilot. Longtime senator. Glenn died Thursday at 95.
4. SHELLING BELIES REPORTED HALT IN COMBAT IN ALEPPO
Syrian troops and allied forces shell eastern neighborhoods of the city despite Russia's announcement that the Syrian army was suspending combat operations to allow for the evacuation of civilians.
5. HOW FIGHT AGAINST ISLAMIC STATE GROUP IS SHIFTING
Iraqi security forces intend to focus on intelligence work to counter the extremists' expected move back to a dispersed, underground terror organization after they are driven out of Mosul.
6. EXECUTION CARRIED OUT, WITH DIFFICULTY, IN ALABAMA
The execution requires two consciousness tests as the inmate heaves and coughs 13 minutes into the lethal injection.
7. KEY SPENDING BILL STALLS IN US SENATE
Hours to a government shutdown, coal-state Senate Democrats block action on the stopgap bill over benefits for retired miners and press Trump, a self-proclaimed coal champion, to intervene with Republicans.
8. EX-NEO-NAZIS AIMING TO REHAB EXTREMISTS
Across Germany, a small but effective network of former neo-Nazis is working to help those who want to leave the far-right scene.
9. WHICH SOCIAL ILL HILLARY CLINTON IS SPEAKING OUT AGAINST
In her first speech since losing the presidential election, she calls the rise of fake news an "epidemic."
10. LAMAR JACKSON CAPTURES MAXWELL AWARD
Winning the award as the nation's top college football player gives the Louisville quarterback a leg up in the race for the Heisman Trophy.