Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
1. 'WE ARE NOW ALL ROOTING FOR HIS SUCCESS'
After Trump's astonishing election triumph, Obama invites the president-elect to the White House and pledges a smooth transition of power.
2. ERA OF UNIFIED GOP CONTROL BEGINS IN WASHINGTON
GOP leaders in Congress vow to run with Trump's agenda, starting with repealing "Obamacare."
3. WHAT'S AMONG KEY TAKEAWAYS FROM VOTE
Trump's overwhelming backing among whites with less than a college education partly reflects how little the economic recovery since the Great Recession has benefited them.
4. AROUND WORLD, CHEERS MIX WITH FEAR
Trump's remarkable win is welcomed in some countries, such as Russia — while in others it's a major shock.
5. WHY ELECTION WAS ONE-TWO PUNCH FOR MANY WOMEN
A huge milestone — the election of a woman as president — failed to come to pass. And the winner was a man who has denigrated and been accused of even more serious mistreatment of women.
6. IRAN ACCUSED OF VIOLATING NUCLEAR DEAL
The U.N. says Tehran is storing more heavy water than allowed under the agreement meant to curb its ability to make atomic arms.
7. DETAILS EMERGE IN SUSPECTED SERIAL SLAYINGS
Two bodies found on the rural property of a South Carolina man linked to five other deaths were a couple who had a history of panhandling and had been buried there for nearly a year, authorities say.
8. HIGH-FREQUENCY TRADER PLEADS GUILTY IN 'FLASH CRASH'
The British futures trader admits helping trigger the crash in 2010 that wiped tens of billions of dollars off the value of U.S. stocks.
9. WHAT'S LATEST WARNING ABOUT VITAMIN B
Doctors say many people think they need more pills than they really do.
10. BRAD PITT CLEARED IN CHILD SERVICES PROBE
An investigation into whether the actor was abusive toward his son on a private flight in September has been closed with no finding of wrongdoing.