DAMASCUS, Syria (AP) — The Latest on the conflict in Syria (all times local):
Russia's defense ministry has accused the United States of not doing enough to stop rebel groups in Syria from targeting humanitarian aid corridors outside the northern city of Aleppo.
Deputy Defense Minister Anatoly Antonov said in an emailed statement on Monday that rebel groups "under U.S. control," unlike the Syrian government, still have not offered guarantees of safe passage along those routes.
The ministry says it "counts on the United States" to do its best to ensure the groups don't target the convoys so that aid to Aleppo can go uninterrupted. The ministry didn't specify if it was referring to specific attacks on aid convoys.
The Islamic State group has claimed several attacks across Syria that killed at least 48 people, targeting government-held areas and Kurdish forces.
The IS-run Aamaq news agency says the group was behind the "simultaneous" attacks on Monday.
Bombings targeted the government stronghold of Tartus, home to a Russian naval base, as well as a heavily guarded Damascus suburb and a military post in the central city of Homs.
IS had earlier claimed another attack targeting Kurdish forces in the northeastern city of Hasakeh, and said another bombing targeted Kurdish forces in the nearby city of Qamishli.
IS has suffered a series of battlefield setbacks in Syria and Iraq. On Sunday, Turkish troops and allied Syrian rebels pushed the extremist group back from the last stretch of the Syrian-Turkish border under its control, closing off a vital link with the outside world.
The Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for a bomb blast that killed at least five people in the northeastern Syrian city of Hasakeh.
The extremist group's Aamaq media agency posted that the Monday morning suicide attack killed and wounded 15 people.
Syrian state media said the attacker blew himself up on his motorcycle at a traffic circle.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights monitoring group said three Kurdish Syrian police officers were killed in the blast.
At least 38 people were killed in a string of bomb blasts in government-controlled territories. The attacks were timed closely together, though the Islamic State group did not claim responsibility for the attacks in Homs, Tartus, and the Damascus suburb of Saboura.
Syrian state media has increased the death toll from a string of bombings around the country up to at least 38.
State news agency SANA reports that twin blasts at the entrance to coastal city of Tartus Monday morning killed at least 30 people. The agency also reported blasts in the central city of Homs, the suburbs of the capital Damascus, and the northeastern city of Hasakeh.
The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights monitoring group, which maintains a network of contacts inside the country, put the toll at 47 dead. Conflicting casualty figures are common in the Syria war.
Syrian state media is reporting that multiple bomb blasts have struck government and military targets around the country.
State television Monday morning reported blasts in the coastal city of Tartus, the central city of Homs, the suburbs of the capital Damascus, and the northeastern city of Hassakeh.
Casualty reports were still coming in. The governor of Homs province says a car bomb struck a military checkpoint in the provincial capital, Homs, killing two soldiers and injuring four others, one critically.
The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights monitoring group also reports a blast in the northeastern city of Qamishli as well.