Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Friday:
1. DAUNTING CHALLENGES FACE TRUMP POST-CONVENTION
At the top of the list: Unifying a fractured party and quieting Americans' concerns about his preparedness for the presidency.
2. WHO'S TOP CONTENDER IN DEMOCRATIC VEEPSTAKES
Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine emerges as the favorite to join the ticket as Clinton's running mate.
3. ROGER AILES OUT AT FOX NEWS
The chief executive is leaving the network he built from scratch amid allegations that he forced out a former network anchor after she spurned his sexual advances.
4. BRAZIL NABS 10 IN OLYMPICS ANTI-TERROR SWOOP
The suspects allegedly pledged allegiance to the Islamic State group and discussed possible attacks during next month's Rio games.
5. WHY NYPD OFFICERS ARE BEING HAILED AS HEROES
After a man hurled a clicking object into their van, the two cops sped off, determined to get the device away from the crowds in Times Square. Only later did they learn the object was harmless.
6. CRACKDOWN IN TURKEY RAISES ALARM
Concern grows that Erdogan is seizing the moment to cement his personal power and steer Turkey from its secular roots toward a more pious Muslim model.
7. THERAPIST WOUNDED DESPITE OBEYING POLICE COMMANDS
The shooting in Florida illustrates the longstanding fear among black men that almost any encounter with police can go awry with potentially deadly results.
8. WHAT'S CAUSING FRESH WORRY OVER ZIKA
Brazilian researchers say they have found that a second common mosquito is able to transmit the virus to humans.
9. US SAFETY REGULATORS STEER CLEAR OF TESLA
A Tesla in Autopilot mode can drive itself but it's not a "self-driving" vehicle — at least as far as the regulators are concerned.
10. SORORITY OF DISNEY PRINCESSES GETTING NEW MEMBER
Disney's first Latina princess is taking her bow on TV in the new animated series "Elena of Avalor."