By Brendan O'Brien
MINNEAPOLIS (Reuters) - At least three protesters were removed from a Minneapolis city council meeting on Friday after they stood up and voiced their disapproval over how city leaders have handled the investigation of Sunday's police killing of an unarmed African-American man.
The protesters could be seen on live-streaming video interrupting a regular city council meeting to complain about the way the city handles police misconduct issues.
Jamar Clark, 24, died on Monday after he was shot a day earlier by police. Two officers are under investigation in the incident, but their races have not been revealed.
Clark's death comes at a time of heightened national awareness of and debate over police use of lethal force, especially against blacks. Over the past year, protests against police killings of unarmed African Americans - some of them videotaped with phones or police cameras - have rocked a number of U.S. cities.
"This is atrocious. This is outrageous. They know what's going on... and they don't want to hear it," Michelle Gross, a community activist, said to reporters after she was ejected from the meeting.
Community activists, who have demanded release of video footage of the incident, say Clark was unarmed and handcuffed when he was shot.
Officials have confirmed that no weapon was found at the scene and that they are looking into whether Clark was handcuffed. The police union said Clark had grabbed one of the officers' guns, although the weapon remained in its holster.
Police arrested two men on Thursday night for spray-painting profanities on an outside wall of the 4th District police station, which is two blocks from where Clark was shot and has been the focal point of protests all week.
The men face possible charges of felony damage to property charges.
More protests are planned for Friday evening.
Earlier in the week, police detained dozens of people who blocked a highway to protest the shooting death.
(Writing by Fiona Ortiz; Editing by Dan Grebler)