Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Wednesday:
1. CONGRESS HALTS NSA'S BULK COLLECTION OF PHONE RECORDS
The legislative overhaul continues other post-9/11 surveillance provisions that are considered more effective than the phone-data collection program.
2. FIFA CHIEF STEPPING DOWN AMID CORRUPTION PROBE
At a hastily arranged news conference, Sepp Blatter announces he will leave office within months and calls for a fresh election to appoint a successor.
3. HOW 'OBAMACARE' HAS BOOSTED COVERAGE
Nearly 9 out of 10 adults now have health insurance — about the same proportion of Americans who buckle their seatbelts.
4. FORMER US SOLDIERS — ONE BLACK, ONE JEWISH — FINALLY GET THEIR DUE
Obama posthumously bestows the Medal of Honor on two World War I soldiers whose heroism nearly 100 years ago went unrecognized in an age of discrimination.
5. WHERE HOPE FOR SURVIVORS IS FADING
Though only several passengers have been confirmed dead, hundreds remain missing following the capsizing of a cruise ship during a cyclone on the Yangtze River in China.
6. COLORADO THEATER GUNMAN TELEPHONED MENTAL HEALTH HOTLINE MOMENTS BEFORE RAMPAGE
But James Holmes' call was disconnected before anyone answered who might have been able to talk him out of launching the attack, trial evidence shows.
7. WHAT TRAVELERS TO CUBA MIGHT BE FORCED TO DO WITHOUT
Few and far between in Havana are such things as ATMs, Wi-Fi, air-conditioning, seat belts and toilet paper, reports AP Travel Editor Beth Harpaz.
8. NEWLY DECLARED GOP CANDIDATE SITS FOR INTERVIEW WITH GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS
It's the latest sign that the ABC anchor's donations to the Clinton Foundation seem not to have impeded his coverage of the upcoming presidential elections.
9. WHY CAITLYN JENNER CHOSE 'C,' NOT 'K,' FOR NEW NAME
She went back and forth on the spelling, but says that in the end she decided it was best to break the Kardashian family's tradition of K-heavy names.
10. TRIPLE CROWN CONTENDER AMERICAN PHAROAH ARRIVES AT BELMONT
Final preparations for this weekend's Belmont Stakes include a light jog on Wednesday.