HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy says the state will "do another round of outreach" to the families of the Newtown school shooting victims to see if their needs are being met.
Last week, the parents of two students killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School told a state commission confusion and poor communication left some families without the services and resources they need nearly two years after the shooting massacre.
Malloy said Wednesday he's in contact with families and doesn't believe such complaints are "universal." But he says "they obviously reflect the need of individuals and should be attended to."
Also Wednesday, the State Bond Commission released an additional $5 million grant to help cover planning and design costs for a replacement school. Lawmakers have authorized up to $50 million.