UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - There has been no significant progress in nuclear talks between Iran and major powers and, as a result, a meeting between the two sides planned for Friday had to be called off, French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius said on Friday.
"At this moment when I am talking, there have been no significant advances," Fabius told reporters. "We were due to have a meeting this morning of the P5+1 on one side and the Iranians on the other but because of a lack of progress, this meeting (had) to be called off."
Fabius did not specify at what level such a meeting was to be held but diplomats had previously said that they had set aside time on Friday for a meeting of ministers from the five permanent members of the U.N. Security Council and Iran.
(Reporting By Arshad Mohammed; Editing by Bill Trott)