BREAKING: Cain accuser says candidate groped her in 1997

Townhall.com Staff
|
Posted: Nov 07, 2011 3:48 PM
BREAKING: Cain accuser says candidate groped her in 1997

(CNN) - A woman who claimed Herman Cain sexually assaulted her in 1997 said Monday she hoped the Republican presidential candidate would come clean about other allegations of sexual misconduct.

Sharon Bialek said Cain reached under her skirt and pressed her head toward his crotch when Bialek was visiting Cain in Washington to get job hunting advice after she had been "terminated" from the National Restaurant Association.

Bialek said that when she protested, Cain asked, "You want a job, right?"

Bialek worked at the educational foundation of the National Restaurant Association beginning from 1996 to 1997, when she said her superiors released her from her position, citing poor fundraising numbers.

Bialek said she was already acquainted with Cain after meeting him at NRA conferences, and visited him in Washington in July 1997 to see if he could help her regain her position or find another position within the organization.

When Bialek and Cain were returning from dinner, Bialek said Cain made inappropriate advances in a parked car.

"He put his hand on my leg, under my skirt, and reached for my genitals," Bialek said. "He also grabbed my head and pushed it toward his crotch."

Cain's campaign denied Bialek's allegations in a statement before the press conference began.

"Just as the country finally begins to refocus on our crippling $15 trillion national debt and the unacceptably high unemployment rate, now activist celebrity lawyer Gloria Allred is bringing forth more false accusations against the character of Republican front-runner Herman Cain," the statement read.

"All allegations of harassment against Mr. Cain are completely false. Mr. Cain has never harassed anyone. Fortunately the American people will not allow Mr. Cain's bold "9-9-9 Plan", clear foreign policy vision and plans for energy independence to be overshadowed by these bogus attacks."

Cain is entering his second week of battling reports he sexually harassed women while heading the NRA in the 1990s. Last week, the lawyer for one woman who reportedly settled with the association over harassment allegations said his client would not reveal her name or any details about her claim.

Various media outlets reported there were two more women who made allegations against Cain and subsequently received financial settlements.

Cain said Saturday he was finished answering questions about the sexual harassment claims, telling reporters in Texas he was focused on getting his campaign "on message."

"Read all of the other accounts, where everything has been answered - end of story," Cain said.