Disney projects $200 million 'John Carter' loss

Reuters News
|
Posted: Mar 19, 2012 4:58 PM

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The Walt Disney Co expects its mega-budget science-fiction movie, "John Carter," to generate an operating loss of about $200 million during the quarter ending March 31, the company said on Monday.

For the studio division, Disney currently expects a operating loss of $80 million to $120 million, the company said in a statement. So far, "John Carter" has generated $184 million in ticket sales around the globe.

(Reporting By Lisa Richwine; editing by Andre Grenon)